FCSI has developed algorithms that can be used for real time vehicle (aka automatic vehicle location [AVL]) or asset tracking within your Smallworld CST application. This module can be integrated into any application. The performance is amazing and it can scale into the tens of thousands of entities being displayed.
This technology can be used by your field or network operations center to better understand the utilization of your service vehicles and technicians. This technology supports spatial queries and routing. An example of a spatial query would be determining which vehicle of a certain type or crew and a certain work load is nearest to a problem.
- Fast updates - There are no slow refreshes for any updates of positions.
- Real time! - We can display/update over 1000 entities all updating in less then 500 milliseconds. We can display over 5000 entities in less then 1 second. This technology can scale to 100s of thousands of features in near real time.
- Selectable Entities - You can select any of the real time entities to query any information contained with the entity.
- Any geometry - You can view any geometry type (point, line, or area) that you want to view dynamically. Examples of dynamic area geometries would be to show changes over time. For example, growth patterns, forest fire growth, etc.
- Any symbol - You can use any symbology, stored or in memory.
- Spatial Queries - You can search for a specific vehicle, type of vehicle, or crew expertise nearest a given location.
The following is a video demonstration of this functionality.
The following video clip shows better symbology and is using a SQL interface to get information to change color and icon.
We would work with you to interface these algorithms with your data collection system. Normal development of this integration will be less then one week. Please contact us to discuss your real time requirements and your data interface.