OGRES Read and Write SOM
We have taken Smallworld's Spatial Object Manager (SOM) technology to the next level! We implemented our OGRES product (Open and Go - Read and Edit Solution) using the core universal dataset technology. This gives us the ability to drastically improve performance of drawing non VMDS features and add the ability to edit non-VMDS features!
- Drag/Drop files into Smallworld application to open files.
- CSV and Shape file element attributes (column definitions) can be easily modified within Smallworld application.
- KML OGRES objects automatically look at the description for HTML links. If there, the Object Editor enables the "Go To Web" action that will open a web browser to the HTML link.
We have the only writable SOM functionality that allows you to read and write ESRI Shape, KML (KMZ), and CSV files. Additional formats can be implemented upon request.
Unlike the GE Energy add-on SOM technology, we spatially organize the data. This gives vast performance improvements over other SOMs on the market. Our SOM technology allows you to view much larger Shape files. We currently support Shape files with several 10s of thousands of features. The drawing and spatial queries of this data can be over 1000% faster than other SOMs.
We have built upon the core Smallworld network analysis technology to give you the ability to do network tracing on non VMDS data! Since it is built upon core functionality, you can modify the traceability functionality just like you would in a real Smallworld VMDS application. The algorithms you create can be easily converted to support your Smallworld VMDS application and vice versa.
|ESRI Shape||R/W||Modifiable schema|
|Google KML/KMZ||R/W||Links in elements description are exposed as hyper links to referenced pages. KMZ are automatically decompressed by software.|
|Text based CSV||R/W||Modifiable schema|
SQL Server, MySQL, and SQLite JARs are provided. Others can be added by users. Write capability in development.
Supports point geometries that can be created from XYZ data in selected columns
Thematic Mapping and Labeling
OGRES allows you to easily create thematic mappings for your data. The mappings can be stored in the configuration XML files so you do not need to reproduce the mappings every time you load the data. Automatic labeling is also supported. You can label features based on any of the object's attributes. Again, this is written via Magik so you can modify the algorithms to meet your requirements.
- OGRES Objects & Collections are compatible with GE Core and GE Products.
- Other Third Party software have been proven to work with OGRES objects.
- PNI Related Items can be set up to relate to OGRES objects